Bucket List Chicken
1 can (12 Ounces) of Ginger Ale
1⁄2 cup of Slane Irish Whiskey
4 tablespoons of Cajun Spice
2 tablespoons of Garlic
1 tablespoon of Salted Butter, melted
1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
Whole Chicken large (2lbs)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Open Can of Ginger Ale and pour out half (6 ounces). Drink and Enjoy.
- Pour 1⁄2 cup of Slane into the Ginger Ale Can.
- Pierce two holes into the can using the pointed end of a bottle opener.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Cajun Spice and 1 tablespoon of Garlic inside the Chicken.
- Brush outside of the Chicken with Vegetable Oil and Melted Butter.
- With the remaining Cajun Spice and Garlic rub into the skin on the chicken.
- Place Ginger Ale Can inside the chicken so it can stand upright. The deeper into the chicken the can will go the better. Then pull the legs of the chicken forward to create a tripod.
- Place in the oven and bake chicken until no longer pink near bone (165°F on an instant read thermometer inserted near the thigh bone) and juices run clear, about 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow the Chicken to rest for 5 minutes then remove can and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Carve and Enjoy.Top Tip – for extra crispy skin, dry the chicken with Kitchen Towel before prepping the bird. The drier the chicken the crispier the skin!
Note from the Chef
"This was part of my American bucket list when I moved to the States! Right up there with Smores and Batting Cages. My go to mixer for Slane Rocks is a Splash of Ginger Ale, the combination ” of Slane, Ginger Ale and Cajun Spice really shine in this dish and it is just another tick off that American Bucket List!"