10/12 oz of Beef Tenderloin
4 handfuls of Arugula
Ground Black Pepper
Balsamic Slane Glaze
BALSAMIC SLANE GLAZE
2 cups of Balsamic Vinegar
1⁄4 cup of Brown Sugar
1⁄4 cup of Slane Irish Whiskey
- Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, after about 20 minutes.
- Glaze should coat the back of a spoon. Let cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in the refrigerator.
1. Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
2. After 2 hours, unwrap tenderloin and thinly slice the beef into 1⁄8 or 1⁄4 inch pieces.
3. Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap and place each slice onto the plastic.
4. Top with another piece of plastic and gently pound the meat with a meat mallet until paper thin.
5. Repeat until all meat is sliced and pounded.
6. Divide the meat evenly among 4 chilled plates. Serve with greens tossed with Slane balsamic glaze, caper berries, salt, pepper and/or parmesan.
Quote from the Chef
"My love for carpaccio comes from my time spent in Florence. Though it was a short time I was lucky enough to stay with a lady, Antonella, from the old town of Firenze. Food is how she structured her day. She kindly shared all of the city secrets with me and carpaccio was one of them."