6-8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese 24 strips of bacon
2 cups of Slane Irish Whiskey
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthways. Remove seeds.
- Soak jalapenos in Slane Irish Whiskey. Save remaining Jalapeno infused Slane for recipe on page 29.
- Stuff jalapenos with shredded cheddar.
- Wrap strip of bacon around jalapeno and cheddar.
- Bake in a preheated at 400 to 425 degrees F(200 degrees C) until the bacon is crispy. Around 15 minutes.
- Or grill on medium to desired bacon crispiness
- Drizzle remaining Slane Irish Whiskey once cooked. Allow cool.
Quote from the Chef
"This is a crowd favourite at my house. Adapted from my girlfriend Dawn’s recipe we created our Slane spin on this to really highlight the spice flavour that the sherry cask brings to the whiskey with that hit from the Jalapeno.
While the vanilla from the Virgin Oak Cask allows this to mellow to a subtle warmth on the back of the palate."