New England Striper
Serves 2 - One Trout per person
2 Small striper, cleaned and butterflied (opened up with the halves still attached), about 1 pound
1 Sliced Lemon
4 Sprigs of Rosemary
1⁄4 cup of Slane Irish Whiskey
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place striper in separate heavy duty aluminium foil.
3. Lightly oil both sides of the striper with olive oil.
4. Season inside and outside of the striper with salt and ground pepper.
5. Place rosemary sprigs, lemon and Slane over each striper in the Heavy Duty foil.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, the flesh should pull apart easily with a fork when done.
7. Slide the fish away from the packet and onto the plate and pour juices over it. Serve with more fresh herbs and lemon slices.
Note from the Chef
"This is a New England staple that signifies summer! This fresh and bright fish is perfect in the oven on the grill!"